FEATURED POETRY: The Girl Who Wouldn't Speak by Gabrielle Angela T. Diaz Sales

 










I was curious to find out if the whispers were true
I want to know about the news that came out of the blue
to find out of the girl who wouldn’t speak
what’s the story behind the girl whom they concluded weak?

I found her cuddled in the corner inside an empty stall
down the hunted hallway of the south west hall
her eyes a perfect mask of serenity like the open seas
a fair sure sign too hard to miss.

Tears fall down her pinched up face
while trying to lock herself inside her man made case
protecting herself from the anxieties of the world
shielding away from the fears that swirled.

A fragile figure sobbing on the bathroom floor
my heart ached as I continued watching by the door
in that moment I began to finally understand
that she was lonely for warmth and love to hold her empty hand.

She was a girl that everybody misunderstood
and one day she decided to fade away for good
for no one to tried to help so she remained shy and meek
that’s the story of the girl who wouldn’t speak.

0 comments: