13 Questions with Merj Blanila

What was the first thing you wrote? 

I can't exactly remember the first thing I wrote, but I guess it was my autobiography.







What got you into writing?
Writing wasn't really my passion. I hate writing back then. When I was in my second year of high school, my Filipino teacher taught us how to express our emotions through writing. I got curious about the idea, so I did write. Then the next thing I knew, I started to love writing.
What are your writing necessities?
I just need a place where I can be alone. Somewhere quite and peaceful. I usually write during midnight.
What form and genre do you write?
I do write poems about my own experiences. Most of them are about love. I also write essays, but for requirement purposes only. (haha)
Any inspirations?
INSPIRATIONS? Well, I do have, a lot. My crushes, friends, and enemies. They're good source of inspiration.
What genre would you like to dive into next?
I really want to write tragic poetry.
What do you do when you're not writing?
When I'm not writing, I read stories from Wattpad. That's all!
What’s your writing process like?
I think about the idea first, and then I start writing the body. After I finish my composition, I reread it and finally give it a title.
Do you have any strange writing habits?
Writing habit? Well, I usually cry while I'm writing (haha). I get carried away by the memory of what I'm writing about. I even got caught once by my mom. (AWKWARD)
What book do you wish you could have written?
I wish i could have written the book "The Revelation". It has so many twist that you'll surely love.
In relation to writing, what were you like at school?
I'm like NOBODY at school. I'm not involved in any writing organizations or whatever. Not even in our school paper.
Do you have a specific writing style?
Yes, I have. I usually end my poems with the title.
And lastly, what book are you reading now?
That Summer by Sarah Dessen
Want to be the next writer featured? Click here for the guidelines.

0 comments: