13 Questions with The Demeanour

What was the first thing you wrote? 

Literally, letters were the first thing I wrote in my life. 'Letter E' because my name happens to be Eduardo. But if you were referring to articles or essays, as far as I can remember I think about Karapatan ng Tao or Human Rights.




What got you into writing?
My filipino teacher got me into writing. During grade 6, essay for me wasn't really my passion so I didn't took essays seriously. When my filipino teacher asked the whole class to write something about her given topic (I can't remmeber what was that topic, sorry).So I made an essay, and I was shocked as she chose my essay to be presented to the whole class. She wasn't impressed so my teacher provoked all  mistakes I have taken in the essay. I was downhearted, of course. And that, until now, is my driving-force in pursuing to write with all my thoughts.

What are your writing necessities?
Huge writing table space. That's my writing necessity. I easily get into mood at times I am sitting on a chair with a wide table. 

What form and genre do you write?
I usually write features and editorials in our school newspaper. In genre, I am a serious writer and I love writing with regards to mass and politics.

Any inspirations?
I don't have a particular inspiration in writing. But, every time I read my brother's school newspaper, I quickly get inspired to write well.

What genre would you like to dive into next?
I would love to learn writing news.
What do you do when you're not writing?
I am reading magazines (Philippine Panorama), and newspaper columns.

What’s your writing process like?
 I get used to think of a title first before I think of the body. I slice the parts into three: intro, body, conclusion. Then, I'll proofread it myself and I lend it to my brother for him to read.

Do you have any strange writing habits?
I gradually bite the tip of the ballpen. yes, it's eewy.

What book do you wish you could have written?
A Walk to Remember book. I am really upset toward it. Nicholas Sparks put-up a great time to think of that good story. I wish I could have thought of it, before him.

In relation to writing, what were you like at school?
I am a feature writer in our school's newspaper. But, I am wishing for this year's promotion as the Editor-in-chief.

Do you have a specific writing style?
Yes, I usually end up my article with (A) question (B) quotes and (C) the title.

And lastly, what book are you reading now?
Glee:  The Beginning Novel. I just finished "Please accept my kids application form" novel last week.
Want to be the next writer featured? Click here for the guidelines.

0 comments: