FEATURED STORY: Oceans by Danj Quimson











I was awakened as my berth tossed me from the turmoil outside. I peaked from the nearest window in my quarters. There was darkness, I heard no sea gulls gracing this part of the voyage, and there were no skies, only the thickest nimbus and the hardest rain. I rushed into the slippery main deck to fold the sails and to free the heavy wooden chests into the sea. As I try to climb the ropes to fold the last sail, blew the strongest gale I have ever felt in my life, I held the nearest shroud as it almost threw me.
A thousand of tidal waves ravaged onto our ship made out of wood and scarce nails, I overcame the seasickness, and there were only adrenaline and fear.
I held the nearest shroud once again, I tried to pray, but the ropes slipped on my hands as cyclones and the wham on each current devour the life in us.
Everywhere was dim, dreadfulness swallowed the ocean whole.
I trembled, I was hopeless and unprepared for another raging tempest
I clamour prayers in futile attempts, “God! Oh my God!”
Such begging was in vain.
I only wait for such impending doom, I stared into the blank horizon wishing and praying hopelessly… 
From there I saw shadows,
Figures, just figures…
Drawing near, Drawing close…
Blurred by the curtain of rain,
A ghost clothed in white,
Closer…
Untouched by the drops of rain,
Nearer…
Winds cannot even lift his robe.
Nearer…                                                                                                                                                                                     
His feet above the waters, 
Each of his steps tamed the crests into equilibrium…
 Closer…
I saw the kindle in his eyes,
It was life itself and it pierced demons in the darkest cloud,
Stilled the maddest gale,
ripped the whole fear in me.
I was there…
I witnessed…
I knelt…
I wept…
For the mortal coil in me was postponed ,
for the flesh in me could never handle such glory,
And as I become the calmest of calm,
I was there…
And the winds whispered.
I am here…

0 comments: