FEATURED STORY: The Scientific Method by Hannah M. Arcenal












Problem:
You left.

Observation:
I am alone in this empty room filled with darkness and silence, the door is wide open, the cold wind from the world outside blew, your side of the bed is empty and you left no traces.


Hypothesis:                                                                                                                                                   
I’m going to wait, you just need time and once you’re ready, we’ll start all over again.


Variables Needed:

Independent :                                                           Dependent:

You                                                                             Me


Materials Needed:

The little amount of hope I have                                        
Photographs of you and me                                                                                                                                    Patience                                                          
The roses on the vase                                                                                                                                      
My time                                                           
My heart                                                                                                                                  
The memories that were left behind

Procedure:
  1. First open the door, leave the key under the mat (in case you might come back) where you know where to find it.
  2. Second, I need to use a lot of patience and a little hope. I know it might this might take forever but a good scientist never gives up.
  3. Go to our favorite coffee shop once in a while, I might see you there.
  4. When most of my time is wasted, start looking for a box, big enough for all the things you gave me to fit.
  5. When all of my time is wasted, that’s the time when I put all our photographs, the dead roses on the vase, your sweater you left in my apartment and all the other things related to you, inside the box.
  6. Keep the box away where I can’t see it.
  7. After keeping the box, the next thing to be cleared are the memories.  Just like the stuff you gave, little by little keep it somewhere in my mind where I can rarely see it.
  8. Lastly, when the memories are thrown away, I must throw you away from my heart. This is the hardest thing to done within the whole process.
  9. Honestly, I don’t know how to.

Results / Findings:

     The door is still open, the key under the doormat is still there. You never come to our favorite coffee shop, and you were nowhere to be found.

Conclusion:

I therefore conclude that waiting for you was a waste of time. You probably found someone new, and I am here alone in this bed which you left your side empty. You’re never coming back. You’re happy in her arms, while I sit here alone in the dark. There is no more possibility that we’ll start all over again. Things will never be the same. 

2 comments:

  1. The creativity showcased in this piece left me dumbfounded. Hands down, one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete