FEATURED ESSAY: Sunset by Luke Amadore


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiGwjpMMU6HZ6ZxB0oJYMw-Ykr6_ndMsNM14m1FN6tnNoCNpwcfi-F814h1EKV2Rop_P9x5C6A29vIONQsmMM79H60ArYl6bqF7INe6GKgr5ewB-QJIn_MA8KABL9816HuJeY_u8mnoSWrl/s300/pp3.png

I never really understood how the sunset became a romantic view. I don't know why but whenever I see sunsets, I am reminded of endings. After all, it is a sign that the day has ended; the light's gone and darkness overpowers the skies. I mean, if people will create an emblem more romantic, it has to be the sunrise. Many will say it is romantic because it tells you that at the end of the day, you're still together with that one you cherish. But isn't it better to know that he or she will stay with you 'till the sun rises and not just 'till the sun sets? 

   The sunset is pleasing to the eyes especially when you're by the ocean. It is an image filled with contrast and hue - The yellow rays of the sun and the pitch black night, the heat of the sun and the cool breeze of the sea, and the magical layers of blue, yellow, orange and violet. But amidst the beauty of it comes sadness of knowing that another day has passed and that you have to face reality that every day is a process of letting go as the sun does.

   Maybe that's just us - no matter how bright we once burned, we knew that eventually, we'll have to part and that what we had is just day-long, short-term and never for keeps. But no matter how short it was, it was worth it - lessons have been learned, love has been shared, lives lived together. It was not a wasted chapter of life but it was beautiful. And for that I thank you.

   Now, sunsets by the bay will never be the same. It will always bring a pain in my chest knowing that once in my life there came you, who I treasured but had to let go so fast. Not that the time with you was a painful memory, just that the parting time is just not as easy as the sunset. Maybe the sunset is never meant to be a romantic view for me, maybe it's a daily reminder of reality telling me that nothing in this world is forever, everything comes to an end - Sadly, that includes us two. 


0 comments: