FEATURED POETRY: Dear Phantom by Merj Blanila












Blood of tears fall from my heart
Feels like it was hit by a dart
I never thought we would be apart
Wish I could go back to the start

You were once a sweet guy back then
When there was you and I
You used to tell me you'll never make me cry
But that was a cold-hearted lie

I thought we were perfect for each other
That Ghost and Monster was forever
But then I found out you still loved her and
Then you treated me like a stranger

You left me alone with nothing
After giving you my everything every day
I treat you like a king
But in return, you left me bleeding

Now my heart is aching so badly
I do not know what to do, exactly
How do stop this misery?
How can I recover from this injury?

I feel like dying everyday
Everything has changed after May
Way back April we were so happy
Now you wounded me deeply

I used to be your Monster
And you're my Ghost, remember ?
You plus me equaled "Ghoster"
Please don't forget that, Mister.

"Love you," that's what you said
Without "I," I feel dead
Deep in my heart I know it wasn't real
Because it'ss against what you feel

I've cried so hard because of you
I become so lonely feeling blue
I never thought everything wasn't true
Wish I could make things undo

2 comments: