FEATURED POETRY: Drown by Raff Gonzales













I opened rusty unguarded gates,
and came in through a door that creaked
I saw a garden full of dead roses and trees that had given up
   and beauty, beauty that pain had stolen

I walked past the rubble and ruin of her broken heart,
watched the cracks and scars that it bore
  and how it crumbled before my very eyes
I saw the tears and rips of a love that crashed,
I saw hope seep out and trust vanish,

I swam past the cold water that were her tears
and watched her hands as they trembled and her knees as they grew weak
I saw her lips that feigned happiness,
and the ghost of romance’s past.

I listened to the flow of her blood, and to the beat of her torn heart
and saw her eyes that betrayed her rehearsed smiles.

She drowned in her ocean of sadness.
And there was nothing to be done,
for all is lost when love is.






0 comments: