FEATURED POETRY: The Innocent by Julienne Raven Lingat

I am not innocent
And I may never be so again
For I have seen the darkness
Luciver has created within men.

My inexperienced and untrained eyes
Have seen the ever-present and towering waves
Waves of avarice and rapacity and greed
Reflected in the stare of a power lord’s knave

Through the grapevine I have heard
The taking of a maiden not more than ten and two
Bound, gagged, stuffed into a box, trapped
In the knave’s crowd of nightmares with no way through

The knave is not innocent
I’ve told you the terrible things he’s done
But neither am I innocent
For I’ve seen his darkness cover the sun

Then who is the innocent?
Well, it’s actually you
You, still without his marks, red as blood
You, still with the power to see what’s true

I am not innocent
And I may never be so again
But I hope your eyes can now see the darkness
Bared and exposed through words from my pen


0 comments: