FEATURED POETRY: The Stygian Side by Dorothy Claire Parungao











At the worst times of my distress,
My own arms will comfort my own skin.
The world will turn their backs against, 
And I won't even care to see their hideous laughing face.

Avarice, callowness, and doubt has ruled this Earth,
And every goblin and fiend in the widest seas lurk.
Hogwashes, false praises, and every worthless chant each human made,
Will be the dawn of adversaries and destruction of faith.

My benignity and meekness they abused,
Now it's time for me to be amused.
They will be merry-making in their own pools of red, gushing blood,
And they will drink their own poisons and toxic mud.

Pity has left me, and the lesson long remained.
They will bellow out in agony and in pain.
My ears will be deaf to their screams,
And just see my eyes in a triumphant gleam.

Their once proud heads will bow down,
And their forced laughs be turned to worthless cries.
Every man will have his own black crown,
And turn into the stygian side.

0 comments: