FEATURED STORY: Dear Julie by DN












Dear Julie,

   You. Yes, you. I like you, I really really really do. I can't remember how you entered my life. I didn't expect that we would be this close. Who am I to you? Just a simple friend. Just a simple friend that will always be willing to help and obey whatever you want me to do. No regrets, no questions, I will gladly obey just for you.

   For me, you are unreachable. Unreachable to the sense that you are older, more experienced and you are far more popular than I am. And there's no chance that you would like me, 0% chance. As a friend? Sure. But as your guy? No.

   To be honest, I am afraid that my clingy-ness would drive you away. I am afraid of how I attached I became. I am afraid that you will leave in less than a year now. In you, I have found the love and care I have been searching for a friend. And luckily, you're a girl. You are the only girl that makes me so happy whenever my silly classmates give me these bad vibes, as they say. You are the only girl that makes me smile whenever I am sad in your own little ways. I used to believe in this saying, "The only one who will understand you is yourself." But then, you came and made me stop believing in that saying anymore. You are the only girl (and person) that understood my rants, flaws, strengths and weaknesses. You are the only girl that made my heart beat so fast.

   And the worst thing is, you like someone else. You are happy with someone else's company. You are happy with someone else's smile. You are happy with someone else's... everything.

   And that's totally okay with me. I won't force you to neither like nor love me. I won't push myself to you. I won't try to court you even at once. Because I want you to be happy. And I know that you will only find your happiness when you're with him. And that 'him' isn't me.

   So I'm letting you go.

   Meeting you is the best thing that ever happened to me. And letting you go is the second best thing, because letting you go will make you happy.

   And for once, I want to say that I love you so much.

   Goodbye and take care.

                                                                                                                                                        Nigel

0 comments: